Today is my birthday. I am 23 years old now and I feel like I know nothing and that I haven’t improved at all (even though I have been on a personal development journey for couple of years already, on and off) So I thought for today’s post I will give 23 of the lessons I have learned and I would be more than happy if you guys let me know about your top lessons in the comment section below ( it would be like a birthday gift for me 😉
- No one is going to save you; I know this sound very dark and harsh, but isn’t meant like that. I just mean that you have to take responsibility for your life, because everyone will eventually get tired of holding you on and themselves up. Friends and family can help you if you stumble and they should be there for you when times get tough, but eventually you have to be able to hold yourself up.
- The most precious things in life are experiences. Things fade away and get lost in the box of “to go through later” but your memories and lessons stay with you (unless you get amnesia or you get so old you start forgetting experiences but then you will forget where you put all the stuff you have so it still doesn’t matter)
- Planning only takes your so far. I know everyone of us would want to do a great plan with beautiful handwriting and execute it just like that. But most of the time we make a plan and don’t execute it at all. Or something goes wrong and we start blaming ourselves for not seeing all of the variables. Instead of being happy that we had a good base from where to start.
- Music makes life worth living.
- Good books and stories make live worth living.
- When everything is going to shit, it usually mean that something great is about to happen.
- I will never become beach ready, because in Finland its way more important to have a fat layer to live through the 8+ months of freezing weather. Instead of the 2 seconds that the beach weather lasts for. ( Please note that I am joking. I have just not worked hard enough, still a part of my goals)
- Life isn’t fair, but you can be.
- It doesn’t matter if you aren’t the primadonna of your class as long as you have the bestest people supporting you. And I 100% have the closest most amazing friends.
- About 80% of the times when you want to cry, you can laugh. This is not in anyway to tell anyone that they shouldn’t cry. It is just that quite often when something happens we will see it as bad but it isn’t actually that bad. And instead of shaking it off, you can laugh it off.
- The best thing about coming home is taking your bra off.
- A dog will make your life extremely messy and fucked up, and I would never change that.
- Parents are 99% of the time right. And when they aren’t they will still not listen to you, so don’t bother. (With all love <3)
- You learn more from the school of life than from a lifetime of school.
- People change and you will as well, don’t hold it against them. Just hope they change for the better.
- You can choose to see the world as a bad place or a good place that can be even better.
- If you have a message or opinion, share it with people who agree or are willing to listen. A brick wall won’t budge no matter how hard you bang your head against it.
- Exercise feels amazing, especially after it is done.
- Reading makes a lot of a difference. If you can’t handle paper books, at least listen to audio books.
- Life never goes the way you thought it would. When I was like 5 I thought I would be a stewardess who dances ballet in the airplane… not quite what I am doing now.
- Laughing at yourself and your mistakes makes your life way easier. It will make people more open to you and you will be more open to change.
- Phones are not the most important thing in the world
- My last and most important lesson is that I know nothing and I am willing to learn as much as possible
What are your lessons in life? What is something you want to still learn?
Thanks for reading, until next time 😉