We are in quarantine yes, it sucks BUT: Let’s make quarantine our bitch Here is how:
We have extra time, now that we aren’t commuting, that we don’t have to drive, that we don’t have to prep for going out/seeing friends, going to hobbies. We have it and we can use it, to innovate solutions for our business’, to improve ourselves, to learn skills that will be useful after this pandemic is over. We can’t just sit and wait and once its done be like oh wait I’m not prepared, I didn’t know we would move forwards from this?!
Morning routine tips by yours truly
We can always use our circumstance as an excuse or as a motivator, which will you chose? I chose to make quarantine my bitch 😀
I chose to learn during my free time. I use books on Scribd; an audiobook service and Skillshare that is a learning platform. You can use Youtube, documentaries, book extra work your teachers gave you. Anything that works for you.
Don’t get me wrong I still have my work. BUT I don’t have to drive to work now, I can concentrate on tasks at hand so I get things done faster. I can use my lunch break to listen to an audiobook or a skillshare class. And since I don’t see people in the evenings I can use that time for learning too. (Study tips by me 😉 )
Here are some tips and ideas on how to make quarantine our bitch. It doesn’t matter if you spend the extra time learning new skills, exercising or even just innovating how to keep your kids busy during the day ;D
- Don’t wait for motivation. This will only lead to disappointment and stress. You wait and you wait, till finally, you end up realizing it isn’t coming and you need to cram shit right away. (or you realize quarantine is over and you gained 10 pounds instead of losing them) I get it. With quarantine school is different/work is different and it may seem like you have more time, and you do in away. But even this time can be wasted.
- Rewards tasks that are automatic. E.g. cleaning your room, making your bed, going for a walk. Not tasks that require creativity. If you are expecting a reward, you won’t think outside the box as you will want to see the fastest solution to your problem, not the effective one.
- Just because everyone is home now (unless you live home alone like me) doesn’t mean you can’t have boundaries. Tell your siblings you will be studying from 9-12 and from 1 pm-5 pm or however ever your timetable is organized. If you work from home, tell your kids to concentrate on their tasks and once you all are done you can play a game/watch movie, etc. (Or innovate other ways to keep them busy… I know kids don’t just listen simply because you said so :D)
- Do extra things that you couldn’t normally do. (ESPECIALLY IF YOU LIVE ALONE), sleep in a bit longer so you can have a more productive day since you have no commute. Drink coffee on the balcony because you have time. Go out on a walk/jog in the morning. Read a book. Listen to an audiobook while doing work that doesn’t require much concentration.
- Set a goal to learn the thing you wanted to learn in a week. Set a goal to start at home yoga. Set a goal to be able to do 100 pushups because you have the time to practice. Whatever it is that you wanted to do before but said you couldn’t because you were so busy…. well you don’t have that excuse. And if you are a parent, incorporate kids into this goal. For example, if your goal is push-ups, make your kids work out with you in their own way. Or do the pushups while you watch a movie with the kids.
If you have a hard time focusing read this blog post by James Clear on Focus. It’s a mind-opening read.
Motivation comes from action, so don’t think you will be more effective and become a super productive person by waiting. You can either whine about this Corona thing, and how it is ruining your social life or you can take what it offers you. Time and a chance to concentrate without distractions of parties or hobbies etc. Chose 3- 5 extra things you want to spend your time on, mark them in the calendar. Stick to them. You can make these family goals if it is hard to find time all alone to do them.
Hope this quarantine time isn’t driving you crazy, and since most people while that they have nothing to do; here are some links to different resources that will give you something to do Let’s make quarantine our bitch 😉 :
Skillshare No I am not sponsored, I do however get a free month if you end up purchasing the recourse. (This is their way of spreading their platform ;))
Scribd – Also not sponserd, by I find most of the books I search for from here and it only costs 9 bucks per month for unlimited audiobooks, books and journals as well as some extra perks that you get to use for free for as long as you are paying for scribd.
Youtube- You can find great recourses here, not just Pink Panther, but things you learn from… shocking I know.
People, use this time to learn from your parents, watch interviews, read books and so much more. You have an hour or two of extra time. You can fit so much into those that you can’t even imagine! Good luck and stay healthy 😉
I am not asking you to be delusional in these scary times, but please keep the positivity and hope in your hearts. Let’s show corona who the boss is<3